Monday, August 9, 2010

Tech trip

We just got back Saturday from a week long tech trip. I was in a group with 11 other volunteers and 3 Peace Corps volunteers. were gone for a week, staying in hotels in the cities of Latacunga, Ambato, and Riobamba. During the day we would go out to visit sites of other volunteers to see what projects they’re working on.
I feel like this is a really boring summary, so I’m just gonna tell a funny story instead.

We were in a bus station looking for the bathrooms and went up to a man and asked where the bathrooms. He told us to take a taxi up to a different bus stop so we were really confused. Then we realized there is a touristy town with some hot springs called BaƱos and he thought we were looking for the bus that goes there. Its annoying that everyone just thinks we’re tourists here, when really we’ve already been here a few months and we know when they’re ripping us off.

For my last week here I am going to make mexican food one night and also lasagna another night. I can’t believe this is already the last week of training, and I’m excited to move to my site, but also obviously kind of scared to be there working all by myself pretty much.

My life here feels normal to me now, and I will be leaving in about 2 weeks to go to my site, but if you have ideas of something I should write about just let me know! I am willing to answer any questions, and we can make it an interactive blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment